STROKE DEVELOPMENT : Levels 4-6
Stroke development classes are for our advanced students who have passed our Learn to Swim program. We focus on developing proper stroke technique and the impact each body movement has on our position in the water. We break apart each stroke by refining one skill at a time in order to build a proficient and complete stroke. We teach all four competitive strokes in hopes toinstill our passion for swimming and prepare strong swimmers who would like to participate on a swim or water polo team.
Private and semi-private classes are offered year round. Students can enroll at any time and stay for as many months as they choose.
|Private Lessons||Semi-Private Lessons|
|(One-on-One Instruction)||(Two students are paired according to similar age and ability)|
|$134 per Month for 1 class per week||$84 per month for 1 class per week|
|Sibling discount is $10 per child||Sibling discount is $10 per child|
For the benefit of each child, we require an 8 lesson minimum.
Level 4 Goals
• Swims underwater to develop breath control and endurance
• Performs a side glide and back glide with tight streamline and kicks
• Swims freestyle across the pool with good rotation, extended reach, white water kicks and strong side breaths every 3-4 strokes
• Swims backstroke with good rotation, straight arms, and white water kicks with hips and chin up
• Understands concept that 1 lap equals 1 x 25 in a competitive pool
Level 5 Goals
• Swims butterfly with arms reaching over the water, strong dolphin kick and fluid movement
• Swims breaststroke staying on the surface, gliding between each stroke with a strong and forceful kick
• Finishes butterfly (over the water) and breaststroke (under the water) with a two hand touch
Level 6 Goals
• Performs wall turns in all four competitive strokes
• Knows finishing touches to the wall in all four competitive strokes
• Efficiently does an underwater pull for breaststroke
• Swims a 100 Freestyle with flip turns
• Has endurance to swim 100 Individual Medley with proper turns and finishes